When comparing soybean products, Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 Yield® soybeans offer trait innovation for significantly higher yield potential. The trait technology improves soybean production and minimizes weed competition, resulting in more beans per pod and more bushels per acre.
Availability — Product choices to enable yield potential
Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans are available in a broad portfolio of high yielding genetics with great disease packages across maturity zones. This provides great flexibility in decisions and comfort in knowing the product you want is available with Roundup Ready 2 Yield technology.
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans have launched with some products across more maturities than any previous soybean launch. Locally tested and coupled with disease packages suited for specific regions, Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans will be available in maturity groups 0 through IV in the product's first full year of commercial availability.
Control Tough Weeds and Get Clean Fields
Roundup Ready PLUS® Crop Management Solutions recommendations for your Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans offer simple and effective weed control options to help maximize yield potential.
- Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans paired with residual herbicides, provide maximum weed control for strong yields and greater profit potential
- The Roundup Ready® Xtend Crop System, pending regulatory approvals, will be an advanced weed management tool in the fight against resistant and tough-to-control weeds. The benefits of the system include:
- Manage resistant and tough-to-control weeds including Palmer amaranth, marestail, waterhemp, lambsquarters and velvetleaf with a dual mode-of-action herbicide
- Can offer up to 14 days of soil activity1 to help traditional residual herbicides keep fields clean through canopy
- Provide application flexibility before, at and after planting
Technology — The Yield Standard
Farmers plant Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans for the highest-yielding soybean trait technology available. But not all glyphosate-tolerant soybeans feature the yield-enhancing Roundup Ready 2 Yield trait, so be sure to Look for the 2.
- Roundup Ready 2 Yield soybeans are proven to have produced a >4 bu/a advantage over original Roundup Ready® soybeans2 and, when used with Roundup Ready PLUS Crop Management Solutions, are proven to have produced a >3 bu/a advantage over LibertyLink® soybeans3
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend soybeans are built on Roundup Ready 2 Yield technology and stacked with a next generation solution for enhanced weed control
* Ohio State University
1 Small-seeded broadleaf weeds, including waterhemp, lambsquarters and Palmer amaranth. Results may vary, depending on rainfall and soil type. Dicamba should always be used with a recommended traditional residual product.
2 Data as of October 27, 2015. Includes all pre-commercial and commercial strip trial data. All head-to-head comparisons are within +/- 0.4 day maturity. Data represents the top performing Genuity Roundup Ready 2 Yield products (with a minimum of 15 comparisons per product) versus competitive products with the Roundup Ready® trait.
3Data as of October 29, 2015. Includes pre-commercial and commercial strip trial data. Data represents Genuity®
Roundup Ready 2 Yield® products versus commercially available competitor LibertyLink® products.
Roundup Ready PLUS® Crop Management Solutions
Recommendation is as follows:
- Scout fields before and after each burndown and in-crop application
- Start clean with burndown or tillage
- Use multiple overlapping residual herbicides pre-emergence AND post-emergence to help START CLEAN and STAY CLEAN
- Use tank mixes of products with multiple, effective sites of action
Overarching Principles of Weed Control for Any System
- Identify the weed … to select herbicide and manage application timing
- Go early … spray weeds when they are small to keep them from robbing moisture and nutrients
- Start clean … by using a pre plant herbicide and residual
- Manage your equipment … check the settings, lower the boom, slow down, monitor the wind conditions, and use the correct nozzles